Pride – that’s what we’re feeling at the end of an amazing, action packed October half term here at the Centre.
We are immensely proud and humbled to have delivered the following for the PL1, PL2 and PL4 communities of Plymouth over this week:
- 42 Royal Yachting Association national governing body certificates in dinghy sailing
- 198 hot, healthy and hearty lunches
- Inducted 24 young people into the RNLI float to live techniques
- 240 person sessions of kayaking, bellboating, giant stand up paddleboarding, archery, orienteering and team challenges
- 6 sessions of yoga and mindfulness in partnership with “Yoga with Haidiee”
And proud most of all to receive feedback like this:
“My boys have loved going after quite a difficult year. The people running the experiences are amazing and so good with the kids, they make everyone feel included and able to do things they would not normally attempt. Thank you so much. X”
We couldn’t have done any of this without the support of BBC Children in Need, the RYA Tackling Inequalities project and the simply immense work of the Making Waves Together project in bringing these Plymouth communities together.