Plymouth City Council Sports Development unit has secured funding from the Department for Education to deliver a 'Fit and Fed' programme over Easter school holidays. In previous years parents would have accessed this provision via PCC booking services, for 2021 parents are booking directly with providers.
Activities at the Centre as part of the 'Fit and Fed' programme are available only for children aged 11+ , who must be water confident and able to take a wet-suit on/off unaided.
To enable participation in the programme it is a requirement that parents detail their child’s age, school and self-declare their free school meal status when making any bookings directly with us.
The Centre are offering three hour kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding sessions throughout the Easter school holidays on the following days and times - please book your child/children's place via the booking links.
w/c 6th April - two different session times, with a start time of 0900 or 1300 (each session is three hours):
Tuesday 6th April: SUP 0900 - 1200 or SUP 1300 - 1600
Wednesday 7th April: Kayak 0900 - 1200 or SUP 1300 - 1600
Thursday 8th April: Kayak 0900 - 1200 or Kayak 1300 - 1600
Friday 9th April: Kayak 0900 - 1200 or Kayak 1300 - 1600
w/c 12th April - two different groups running each with a start time of 0900 (each session is three hours). Please note there are no afternoon sessions during this week.
Monday 12th April: Kayak 0900 - 1200 (group 1) or Kayak 0900 - 1200 (group 2)
Tuesday 13th April: Kayak 0900 - 1200 (group 1) or Kayak 0900 - 1200 (group 2)
Wednesday 14th April: SUP 0900 - 1200 (group 1) or Kayak 0900 - 1200 (group 2)
Thursday 15th April: SUP 0900 - 1200 (group 1) or SUP 0900 - 1200 (group 2)
Friday 16th April: SUP 0900 - 1200 (group 1) or SUP 0900 - 1200 (group 2)
Terms and conditions - please read before booking your sessions:
As we're sure you can appreciate we have introduced several changes to ensure both client and staff safety.
• A minimum 2m distance will be kept between the instructor and participant at all times, where possible. Around the Centre signage and markings will be in place to assist with distancing.
• All sessions will be a maximum of 5 persons plus the instructor, we will also stagger session times to minimise overcrowding.
• All payments are online and in advance of the session, with all participants submitting full medical details and contact information. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate walk-in bookings or cash payments at this stage. We will be asking for details of all participants to assist the NHS Track and Trace service if required.
• Participants must be able to put on/take off a wet-suit and a buoyancy aid unassisted.
• If you can, please bring your own wet-suit. We will continue to provide wet-suits.
• We will provide everything else needed to get afloat including buoyancy aids, spray tops and watersports equipment which will be cleaned before and after the session. Please note that as a temporary measure we are introducing an upper weight limit of 120kg or 18 stone for participants. Participants must be able to be accommodated in our largest buoyancy aid.
• Until at least 17th May 2021 there will be no access to shared changing facilities, including showers. There will be toilet access and bag storage so please only bring essentials with you. Please arrive in your beach wear.
• We have introduced a new hygiene regime; your instructor will ask you to sanitise your hands before starting the session and we will be cleaning equipment and vessels rigorously between sessions.
• Finally, please be respectful of the steps we have put in place, our staff members and other clients. Individuals choosing to not comply with these steps will be required to leave the activity session.