Plymouth City Council Sports Development unit has secured funding from the Department for Education to deliver a ‘Fit and Fed’ programme in 2021. In previous years parents would have accessed this provision via PCC booking services, for 2021 parents are booking directly with providers.
Activities at the Centre as part of the ‘Fit and Fed’ programme are available only for children aged 11+ , who must be water confident and able to take a wet-suit on/off unaided.
To enable participation in the programme it is a requirement that parents detail their child’s age, school and self-declare their free school meal status when making any bookings directly with us.
Update Monday 19th April 2021:
Thank you to everyone who participated in the programme during the Easter school holidays. The Centre will release further details and booking link for activities available in August 2021 as soon as further details are confirmed.
Terms and conditions – please read before booking your sessions:
As we’re sure you can appreciate we have introduced several changes to ensure both client and staff safety.
• A minimum 2m distance will be kept between the instructor and participant at all times, where possible. Around the Centre signage and markings will be in place to assist with distancing.
• All sessions will be a maximum of 5 persons plus the instructor, we will also stagger session times to minimise overcrowding.
• All payments are online and in advance of the session, with all participants submitting full medical details and contact information. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate walk-in bookings or cash payments at this stage. We will be asking for details of all participants to assist the NHS Track and Trace service if required.
• Participants must be able to put on/take off a wet-suit and a buoyancy aid unassisted.
• If you can, please bring your own wet-suit. We will continue to provide wet-suits.
• We will provide everything else needed to get afloat including buoyancy aids, spray tops and watersports equipment which will be cleaned before and after the session. Please note that as a temporary measure we are introducing an upper weight limit of 120kg or 18 stone for participants. Participants must be able to be accommodated in our largest buoyancy aid.
• Until at least 17th May 2021 there will be no access to shared changing facilities, including showers. There will be toilet access and bag storage so please only bring essentials with you. Please arrive in your beach wear.
• We have introduced a new hygiene regime; your instructor will ask you to sanitise your hands before starting the session and we will be cleaning equipment and vessels rigorously between sessions.
• Finally, please be respectful of the steps we have put in place, our staff members and other clients. Individuals choosing to not comply with these steps will be required to leave the activity session.