Mount Batten Centre Charity Trust Environmental Policy 2021
The Charitable Aims and Activities of the Mount Batten Centre Charity Trust (MBCCT) are:
“Promoting the advancement of education and amateur sports in the United Kingdom for the general public, local sports clubs and educational providers, through recreational activities providing enhancement through the local, natural environment”
The Mount Batten Centre Charity Trust is committed to minimising the impact of its aims and activities on the environment. This Policy Statement sets out how we will work towards achieving our environmental objectives:
- We will meet the environmental legislation that relates to the operation of the MBCCT and where possible identify opportunities to adopt best practice over and above the minimum legislative requirements.
- We will ensure that club safety boats are fuelled safely and responsibly to avoid spillages and pollution. Refuelling is completed on-land at the fuel store which has a designated spill kit.
- We will minimise the use of electricity in all of our activities. For example; turning off lights, replacing old light bulbs with energy efficient LED models.
- We will minimise the use of water in all of our activities. For example; turning off taps when not in use and using rain water to rinse equipment used in coastal waters.
- We will minimise the creation of waste. For example; we will only print and photocopy if absolutely essential and then print double-sided.
- Where possible, we will use email rather than printed materials to communicate and promote our activities.
- We will recycle as much waste as possible by providing adequate clearly labelled bins and increasing our waste and recycling bins and/or collections during busy events.
- We will provide suitable containers for the disposal of hazardous waste streams.
- We will endeavour to take a sustainable approach to running events.
- We will promote relevant local environmental information to our members such as the location of voluntary no anchor zones, sensitive habitats/species.
- We will publicise our environmental commitment and promote sustainability amongst our members and visitors on our website and club notice boards.
- We will take the environmental credentials of our suppliers into account when procuring new products. By doing so we wish to encourage other organisations to integrate sustainability into their operations.
This Policy is reviewed on an annual basis and when relevant legislation changes are introduced.
The Mount Batten Centre Charity Trust is committed to supporting The Green Blue – a joint environmental awareness programme created by the Royal Yachting Association and British Marine.