Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
To Whom Responsible: Hospitality Manager, Operations and Centre Manager, Duty Manager
Hours: Breakfast shifts throughout the week and potentially some evening shifts when required.
The Mount Batten Centre hospitality operation runs all year round and changes with the seasons. You will be preparing and serving food for breakfast for those guests who are staying. Breakfast service is 07.30-09.00am. Shift time is likely to be 06.30-10.30am. Once service has been completed you will clear away and prepare for the next service. You will also be required to cater for The Lookout Café, ensuring items are available. There might be occasions when you will be asked to serve in the café. You will be working mainly by yourself in the kitchen, but support available from other departments.
1. To ensure day to day operation runs smoothly, following the company standards, procedures, and requirements. Including food and fridge temp records, keeping the kitchen tidy.
2. To ensure that all food is produced, displayed, served, labelled, and dated to the standard required in the company’s standard operating procedures and delivered to the customer in a timely manner.
3. To ensure that all cleaning procedures are written and are adhere to and are maintained daily.
4. To update all procedures if required and to ensure that procedures laid down for the security of stock are followed at all times.
5. To ensure that the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and Food Hygiene Regulations are met at all times. To ensure that all staff strictly adhere to guide lines in the matter of preparation, handling, displaying and serving food.
6. To assist the Duty Managers as required in all aspects of catering work arising from conferencing, events, and hotel and bar requirements.
7. To report any faults noticed or health and safety breaches to the Duty manager.
8. To ensure all health & safety and food hygiene records are up to date, daily, weekly and monthly.
9. To proactively strive to increase the quality, variety and profitability of the catering function through consistent and quality and speed of delivery across the board.
10. To undertake any other reasonable task as requested by a member of the senior staff.
11. To be able to work as a team player and use own innovative on own.
Experience Required / Qualifications
• Experience required but not essential.
• Knowledge of nutrition, allergy and special diets
• Experience of monitoring health and safety
• Stock control
• Food hygiene certificate (in date ideally or training can be given)
• Zero hour contract, seasonal hours
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Emma Denham, Centre and Operations Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 8th October 2023