School Holiday Sessions for 8 to 12 year olds
We have adapted our programme to offer activities which reflect the world situation we’re all currently living through.
For all activities, please bring both sun cream and warm clothes and waterproofs, as Plymouth can supply a wide range of weather in just a few hours!
- Mixed household 3-hour sessions
- £27.50 per person or two people on the same session for £50
- Maximum five people per session for ages 8 to 12 years
Rock Scrambling and Beach Challenges
Much more than a walk, but not quite climbing, rock scrambling involves clambering along and over rough terrain, using your hands as often as your feet! Along the way you will have the chance to take part in a number of fun beach challenges.
Please wear trainer type shoes, long trousers, and have a long sleeve top, as bumps and scrapes on the rock can happen – helmets are provided.
Jennycliff Orienteer and Mount Batten Tower Trip
If you like treasure hunts then orienteering is for you…
Learn to navigate around the Mount Batten Peninsula solving clues along the way and even take in a trip to the Mount Batten Tower!
Rock Pool Ramble and Soft Archery
Explore the amazing miniature worlds that are rockpools…
With an instructor on hand to help identify some of the fascinating creatures that live there, see what you can uncover on the rocky shore of Plymouth Sound (please bring a change of clothes and shoes!). Try your hand at Soft Archery and find out if you are a modern-day Robin Hood!
Terms and conditions – please read before booking your sessions:
As we’re sure you can appreciate we have introduced several changes to ensure both client and staff safety.
• A minimum 2m distance will be kept between the instructor and participant at all times, where possible. Around the Centre signage and markings will be in place to assist with distancing.
• All sessions will be a maximum of 5 persons plus the instructor, we will also stagger session times to minimise overcrowding.
• All payments are online and in advance of the session, with all participants submitting full medical details and contact information. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate walk-in bookings or cash payments at this stage. We will be asking for details of all participants to assist the NHS Track and Trace service if required.
• There will be access to indoor changing areas but no showering facilities – there will be limited toilet access and bag storage so please only bring essentials with you. Please arrive in your beach wear.
• We have introduced a new hygiene regime; your instructor will ask you to sanitise your hands before starting the session and we will be cleaning equipment and vessels rigorously between sessions.
• Finally, please be respectful of the steps we have put in place, our staff members and other clients. Individuals choosing to not comply with these steps will be required to leave the activity session.
All images above taken in 2019.